Sunday, February 17, 2013

We went to an Aquarium in a mall.

They actually call it an Oceanarium over here. I did scream when a Koi fish jumped towards my fingers, and when I thought a Sturgeon was going to eat my face. It was really close to me, and it freaked me out. I was pretty scared of the sturgeon. The sturgeon are a big deal overe here. 

This is a sturgeon that scared the crap out of me. It was right next to my face, and I was pretty sure it was going to eat me. 


So the aquarium/oceanarium is situated deep under the ground of a mall. It was pretty intense. I guess it gets the moniker, "the deepest aquarium in Russia". This is one of those walk through exhibits. It has a moveable walkway. Guess what Loki loved the most! 

During the time we were watching the scuba diver clean the glass panels off. 




This a portion of the aquarium before the seals/ sea lions. 

Loki and Grandma and Grandpa. 

Looking at the seals, in their environment. 

This is the mall, and the Oceanarium. The Oceanarium, goes pretty deep into the ground. It's a pretty awesome experience. 
The crowd at the museum was pretty diverse. A lot of them were older teens, some where maybe young couples, there where a few children. Loki really enjoyed the aquarium. He has been watching Finding Nemo  a lot lately. So he really enjoys the aquarium. This was really close to where Peter went to university, so it was an interesting walk down memory lane for Larisa and Sergey. When Peter was in University, Larisa and Sergey would take the bus from Veleike Luki to Saint Petersburg. I can't really imagine taking the 6 hour bus ride to visit a 17, 18 year old kid. But that's the case for them. Maybe when Loki gets a little older I will understand this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment